Monday, May 28, 2012

Juliet

I was experimenting with other coloring options and came up with an imitation watercolor look while drawing this picture of Juliet (from Romeo and Juliet, that is.)

Juliet
I was actually trying to record a time-lapse recording of it, but that turned out badly... as in it didn't turn out. orz... As luck wouldn't have it, I didn't even save the separate layers in phtoshop so I sort of failed to make my first planned tutorial here. Ah... there'll be plenty of other chances.

So here are the easy steps to make any piece of drawing you did look like it was done on watercolor paper (in photoshop.)

Acquire a picture of textured paper or watercolor paper. Make sure it's quite white for the most part and looks real. Try photographing it in good indoor lighting rather than scanning it.

Copy and paste that into your digital drawing and make sure it's the top layer.

Go to the blending options and set it as Multiply. (That's on the layers panel) It might look a little dark. Don't panic!

Adjust the layer's master opacity (also on the layers panel) until it's as dark or as light as you want it to be.

So one of the things I liked most about drawing Juliet was her hair. It's so amorphous and wavy! I really love drawing wavy hair. I rarely draw green hair though. I typically like to color hair white, cream, or blonde. Every once in a while I get a warm color in there somewhere or a black... but green and blue and purples and reds... I guess I just don't like to make hair bright. 

My eyes are starting to die right now, so I'm going to... er... abuse them some more and see if I can plan my next attempt at making a tutorial.


No comments:

Post a Comment